Discord is a text and voice chat program, similar to Skype. It is the central hub of Project Eden. A large portion of our members and all of our staff are pretty active on Discord. We like to use discord to stay connected, as a community, even when we are not on Minecraft. Additionally, constant updates and announcements are made on Discord by staff members. This is the best place to stay up-to-date with the server's changes and events.
Please note that voice chat is not required! No one will ever force you into a voice chat, and even then you can mute yourself if you are not comfortable talking. We would never want to force you out of your comfort zone!
Discord history and information
Discord is a relatively new program, started in May 2015 by Hammer & Chisel. Their homepage describes the program as an All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that's free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life.
In it's short lifetime, Discord has grown exponentially to reach 45 million users in just 2 years, handling 16 petabytes of voice chat and 6 billion chat messages per month.
Discord is completely free to use on both desktop and mobile, has a crisp modern layout, and does not use a lot of resources.
How to get Discord
You can also download the free app on iOS and Android devices.
- #info - Contains information about the server, including the IP and current version, social medias, as well as other useful links.
- #announcements - Any important announcements regarding the server, including but not limited to new features/plugins, events, and staff birthdays, will be posted by staff members here.
- #boosts - Active server boosts will be posted here.
- #rules - All of Project Eden's rules. This list is identical to the list in-game and the one on the main page
- #general - General chat about the server, life, and the weather.
- #Introductions - A channel to introduce yourself to the community.
- #bugs - Found a bug? Need help? Post here to get staff assistance quickly.
- #questions - Any and all questions to be answered by the staff team.
- #suggestions - Have suggestions or feedback for us? Please share them here so we can improve the server!
- #bridge - A channel where users can read and send messages to the Minecraft server, and by extension, the IRC chat.
- #survival - A channel for discussion related to Survival, such as projects, trades, etc.
- #minigames - Anything and everything involving Project Eden's minigames. Reminders regarding our weekly Minigame Night will be posted as it starts.
- #oneblock - A channel for discussion related to OneBlock.
- #creative - A channel for discussion related to Creative.
- #other-games - A channel to talk about other games.
- #pets - Post 10,000 pictures of your pets!
- #food - A channel for sharing recipes and/or showing off food you made or are about to eat IRL.
- #art - A channel for sharing your art with the community! This includes drawings, paintings, photography, etc.
- #photography - Photographs of your adventures in our beautiful world.
- #music - Share music with the community.
- #literature - Books, comics, poems, etc.
- #stem - Science Technology Engineering Mathematics.
- #sports - A channel to discuss sports.
- #battle-stations - Share your gaming setups.
- #muted - Used for typing while in voice chat.
- #bot-commands - Used for any of KodaBear or UB3R-B0T's commands.
- #movie-night - Occasionally we hold movie nights. This channel is for discussing what is being shown in the Theatre voice channel.
- #movie-suggestions - Used for suggesting movies.
- Theatre - A channel for watching movies via screen share.
- Lobby - General chat and playing on the server
- Lobby #2 - Same as above - exists in case of large groups wanting to have two conversations.
- Minecraft - Similar to a lobby- can be used if you want to play on other servers.
- Other games - A general channel for any other games you'd like to play with your friends in the community.
- Music - A channel for listening to music, using discords stage feature.
- Minigames - The main minigames channel. This is where you'll want to go at the start of Minigame night
- Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/White Team - Sometimes in team games we split the players up into their respective channels to allow teams to strategize and communicate effectively.
Linking your account
You can connect your Discord and Minecraft accounts to gain access to some neat features that KodaBear provides. Follow these steps to complete the connection
- Step 1: Log in to MC, and open the #bot-commands channel on our Discord server
- Step 2: Run
/discord link <your in-game name>in that channel
- Step 3: Check your direct messages with KodaBear for a confirmation code!
- Step 4: Run
/discord link <confirmation code>in game
Click on the image of the right to see a quick video of the process.
This is a list of some of the features you gain access to after linking your Discord and Minecraft accounts. For a full list, type help in DM with KodaBear.
If you link your Minecraft account to Discord, users on the Minecraft server will see your rank/prefix when you chat in the Discord server's #bridge.
Ever forget to vote? Now Koda can remind you! Whenever a site opens up, Koda will send you a message. Then simply type vote and click on the links to open the sites. Don't want Koda to pester you? Just type settings voting off.
Just like in-game, you can type /pay <player> in #bot-commands to send money without having to log onto the server. Additionally, you can check your balance or that of another user with /bal.
A few common commands have been added, such as seen <player>, hours <player|top [page #]>, and more!
Minigame Night reminders
Always forgetting Minigame Night? Use
/discord mgnr ingame to set up Minigame Night reminders, which Koda will DM you.
Your idea here
Have an idea? Drop a message in #bugs-and-suggestions on discord.